How To Get Rid Of Musty Smells In Your Commercial Property Or Home With Spring AC Maintenance
If you have been plagued by a musty smell in your business or home, you need to do something about this. There are a number of reasons why and a number of steps that you can take to do this. The reasons why you need to take care of this will include:
- Living with these smells is not only unpleasant, but it can also be bad for your health.
- You will feel embarrassed when visitors come to your business or home.
- Your profits could take a hit if your business is musty as it will drive potential customers away and could increase your employee turnover.
It is important to note that the smell could be worse than you think. Over time, people become accustomed to certain smells and it no longer bothers them as much. However, when a visitor walks in, they could be driven out again as soon as they notice the smell.
Getting Rid Of The Smell
It is likely that you have already tried the obvious steps to get rid of the smell like putting air fresheners around the space. You have probably also tried to clean the area to get rid of the smell or used a mildew odor eliminator. Using air purifiers are also a common step to take. If you have tried all of this and the smell remains, the problem could be your HVAC system. There are several ways that your HVAC system could be causing the musty smell in your property including:
- Layers of dust building up in the HVAC ducts which cause the smell to spread through the space that is heated or cooled by the central system.
- Excess moisture in the system can cause mildew and cold which produce the smell.
- Poor design of your HVAC system can lead to airflow conditions which spread smells from one area to another.
If you think that your HVAC system is the reason for the smell in the property, you will need to have it inspected. This should be done by a professional who will be able to inspect the ducts and equipment.
There are many issues that the professional will look at including clogged air filters and dirty ducts. A lot of people are surprised by what is found in their ducts and pest infestation can cause the smells you have. Clogged drains in your system can lead to excess moisture as will inadequate ventilation.
If you have not had your HVAC system serviced for a long time, it is likely that a routine maintenance visit is all you need to fix the smell in your property. Regularly servicing your system will help to keep the smell away and prevent any other issues with your HVAC system. Feel free to contact us or call Schiller Services today if you are in need of AC maintenance in Spring.